Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Picture of Sweetness

I am never more humbled than when I'm sitting in the hairdresser's chair in the "before" mode. Why is it that the lighting is always so brilliant in these places? I can see every line and wrinkle on my face and it's downright depressing...I got my hair cut for summer the other day and I'm telling you it is super short! Even for me. I was thinking later about how old I look( not saying a word out loud) and my precious little Felicity came up to me and was looking at me. I imagined she was probably wondering what I was thinking when I told my stylist friend to whack it all off!!! But, in the sweetest tone my little precious said, "Mommy, you are sooo cute! and you have a great haircut!" Old or not, I can't help but feel better when I've got her as a cheerleader.
I know a day will come when she's embarrassed that people think I'm her grandmother. But today she's four and she thinks I'm cute.
I hope I grow up to be just like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment