Thursday, June 9, 2011

Oh my, I am finally getting what I've been belly achin' about for months now...a girls weekend! I sat with a group of moms the other day at Chik-fil-a lamenting how busy we all are and how we need to take time for ourselves and somebody mentioned leaving town...this weekend!! After the necessary calls to our sweet husbands (and I mean that!) we were set. It was funny and probably more a "God Thing" that we all have plans for weekends to come but had this very one open!
None of us cared where we were going, we just wanted a couple of days where we didn't have to make plates or cut up someone elses food...where ever that is.
Angela G. was our travel planner. She got on the phone and after a few hours had a grand resort booked. Now that is the ticket for worn slap out mama's.
We are all "readers". We are all most likely taking a book to devour by the pool because we won't be listening to our own little darlings yell, "Hey Mom, watch this!" I hope no one else has little darlings in the pool at the lovely resort wanting to share their every belly flop with their moms...because if the rest are like me, I HAVE to look anytime someone says "Maaaaaahhhhhmmm" or "Mom,mom,mom,mom!" Like a swimsuit wearing two legged revolver.
I am planning on packing my tiny fan for beside my head, earplugs for anyone else staying in my room, benedryl, prozac (yes, I have a prescription, and no, I probably won't be needing it), some fun "who cares if I look fat" clothes, chocolate, flip-flops and my camera. I will want to have pictures to make sure I remember that I did get away...back in June of '11. It might not happen again for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment