Saturday, June 20, 2009

Nana the Green Thumb???

Took Mama to lunch yesterday. She likes these little outings and I'm starting to enjoy them too. God is good.
Anyway, yesterday she was telling me that she had been eating a salad and got something under her dentures...I guess when you are eighty something it's acceptable to talk about such things, I remember a time when she would have kicked me under the table if I'd mentioned that she had "false teeth" but "times they are a changin' ". She said she slipped them out to see what was causing the problem and found two tomato seeds. Now, being the practical woman my mother has occasionally been known to be, she didn't want to just put the seeds on her plate and dispose of them, so she stuck them in a flower pot on the table...I had to laugh out loud when she told me that where she dropped those two tiny seeds the other day, now grows two little tomato plants. I knew she and my daddy always made the back breaking reality of gardening look so easy when I was younger but now I've learned that she can literally spit and make things grow
.....so unfair.

No comments:

Post a Comment