Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Beginning of Summer....whew!

This school year is almost over and I am glad! It's been very good, don't get me wrong, but I am ready to have the girls at home in the mornings with nowhere to rush them off to. And don't even get me started on trying to get two teenage boys up and out the door! I am tired! I am ready to get outside and garden and play in the sprinkler (well not really ME but the girls).

As many of you know Jon went to live in another foster home the beginning of April. There has been a very sweet calm in our house ever since. It is sad to have to let him move on but it was necessary. He is being treated in a residential program right now and I am told he has had an initial diagnosis so I am rejoicing that a professional has seen some of what we saw. Please continue to pray for him.

We are all so excited that Micah graduated from U of A last Saturday! It was extra special to have Blake get his Master's degree the same day. We are proud of all our Bama graduates! This makes four with Hannah and Michael (Sewell). Now I am looking forward to Micah and Blake moving to Opelika and Hannah and Michael moving at least a little closer to home (we hope!).

Matthan and Seth auditioned for the fall play at OHS. They are doing "The Man Who Came to Dinner". I haven't ever seen it but I hear it's pretty funny. Seth was cast as "Beverly" and Matthan is "Bert". I'm sure it will be another outstanding Gholston production.
Trumbauer auditions are today. If you aren't familiar with high school theatre, Trumbauer is a competition class Revel teaches. They take a one act play to district then if they place, which they usually do, take it to state. There are also individual and duet competitions. Last year Matthan won 1st place in the state competition for Male Novice Solo Contemporary! We were so excited and happy for him. He is very serious about acting and does an excellent job.... if you saw him in Les Mis you know what I mean :) Now, Seth is getting into the act...pardon the pun. I look forward to lots more productions and becoming quite a stage mom!

This post was pretty much just news from the homefront. I hope to write lots of stories on here. Many thanks to Hannah for setting me up with a blog...I sure got tired of writing for hours on facebook to click the wrong key and POOF, having it gone! Very discouraging! Hannah assures me that even if my computer crashes my lovely little notes will be floating out there in Cyberspace! Yea!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the update...Jon comes to my mind from time to time...I have been praying for him and wondered how it was going.
    Thanks for what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete