Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lissy Love

I sat down at the computer...I checked Facebook and my email. Lissy came into the room and climbed up in my lap. She started kissing me on the face...I tried to look around her...she followed trying to get to my mouth...I tried to look around her again she took my face in her hands and stopped me.. we are both laughing by now and she is saying "I'm gonna kiss your face MommyPooh"...she gives me what SHE needs. I have to stop and hug and kiss and snuggle for just a minute. Then she's gone. I am reminded of a song I heard a long time ago by Bryan Duncan, you might be able to find it if you google or Youtube him...It's called "A Child's Love"...the words I know from memory are.
"Don't let me live without a child's love, like the love in this child of mine....teach me oh Lord to have a love for you, a child's love."

She is deliberate, sweet and relentless. I know she loves me and she knows I love her, she gets her point across and moves on...
but it's so good to know she'll be back, what a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment