Sunday, July 26, 2009

Cheyenne

It occurred to me the other day that I haven't written much at all about Cheyenne. It's crazy to think about it because she probably has the biggest personality of the three, I didn't say "best personality" because this title is a toss up on any given day. She is larger than life most days. She is bubbly, sweet, stubborn, sassy and cute all rolled into one little six year old. Her favorite activity with the sisters is tattling. She loves to see someone else get in trouble...and there's usually something to tell.
Cheyenne came to us two days shy of four years old. Her fostermom had told me she had her heart set on a Hello Kitty party. Of course, any almost four year old worth her snuf would remind the grownups in her life that this was indeed the party of her choice but the trouble with this particular little darling was she couldn't say her "k" sound...instead it was "t" or "d". You can imagine when she told us every five minutes that she was having a "Hedo Tiddy" party on Saturday the laughter that insued. She also loved the sound of her own voice saying "Mom" and she practiced it all the time. On one of the first nights I heard her coming up the stairs to her room, with each stair she would say it...stomp..."mom"....stomp..."mom"....stomp until she got to me and asked "Tan we pwease have some poptorn?" I was trying to comfort the baby with the double ear infection so I told her to go ask dad so she headed back down the stairs....stomp..."Dad"...stomp..."Dad"...Her speech cleared up pretty quickly thanks to the therapy she received at school. It was no time before she was talking like a pro and all the time! She has little phrases that are all her own...like "lookit", which means she wants us to pay attention to something or "pretendering" which is what she does oh so well, especially when she wants something, prime example, the other night when she was pretendering she was afraid to sleep on the bottom bunk. I believe she has a future in theatre or the big screen. She has movie star good looks for sure. She has black hair and eyes, which are striking in a child. I tell her all the time that I'm praying she'll be as smart as she is pretty. She loves jewelry as much as Lissy loves gum (that's alot). I get tickled at the hairdos she comes up with when left to her own designs...pretty funny.
There is never a dull moment at our house and Cheyenne makes sure of it. One other funny thing she said at first. We had a stomach virus going through the family and Cheyenne started screaming "Ariel threw up on my butt"...on the way to their room I was dreading having to change beds, pajamas, all of it yet again. I got to their room and asked where the throw-up was, Cheyenne pointed to a book...and it hadn't really been thrown up on at all...sure did sound like butt to me. We were pretty glad when she got the "k" sound down.

No comments:

Post a Comment