Thursday, July 16, 2009

Just Dreamin'

I'm going up to the girl's closet...if I haven't been heard from in a few days send some help. No, I couldn't go missing for a few days, although I might enjoy it. I am just having a hard time finishing another project, nothing new. I keep having this dream of a home that is clean and neat...beds always made, floors shining, walls gleaming, bathrooms scrubbed...absent of boxers on the floor, no toys on the stairs, no dishes in the sink, not even a crumb on the counter. The dog is bathed and the cats are curled up asleep...and not on the dining room table. There are no cobwebs, no folded laundry anywhere, no last night's dinner on the stove.
Then, I wake up and realize I'm being watched as I daze by two pairs of the prettiest brown eyes I've ever seen...two smiling sprites holding my paint brushes. They want to help me paint their closet...after I get them a popcicle, and find a lost flip flop, and tell somebody else to turn the channel back to "Hannah MOM-tana", and let the stinky dog out, and pick up the three dolls, two dirty socks and fourteen crayolas off the stairs...oh, and answer the phone, and put the clothes in the dryer, apply a bandaide , check on a loose tooth and shoo the cat off the diningroom table...If I ever make it up to the girls' closet it might get finished. I hope it is before they are gone and my dream house becomes a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment