Friday, January 1, 2010

I Do Hereby Resolve to........

I've never been one for New Year's Resolutions but I feel that I may need to change. After all I am now fifty and I can do what I want, right? I started this blog a year ago with the intention of doing more with it. I'm not exactly sure what the "more" looks like but I feel I have let myself down. I really just discovered that I loved to write and it's taken me all fifty years to have something to say (not that the lack of has ever stopped me). I got this notion that I might write a book but I'm not sure what the story would be...while I was insane from surgery and pain meds I dreamed about a little boy with flaming red hair and his magical green cat. I started writing that down thinking that I was suddenly Stephanie Meyer but as soon as I came out of my Darvacet cloud the story sounded stupid, I mean a green cat? Really? I do have an interesting story in my little girls. I want to record where they came from and what I know of what they've experienced but I don't want to exploit them or their history for anyone's entertainment.
I'm starting to doubt my suspicions about Harper not really writing "To Kill A Mockingbird". Maybe she did just have that one great story. Where is my Truman Capote? I need that push in the right direction.
Back to my resolution...I am going to try to get in better shape...isn't that what I'm suppose to say? AND I want to really find my story and write it! In this, my fiftieth year of life on this planet, when I declare I DO know a thing or two and I have this great laptop and I've brushed up on my typing and I have spell check....I have no excuses do I?
I welcome the suggestions of all my dear friends....
as long as you are not on Darvacet.

No comments:

Post a Comment