Monday, October 5, 2009

Rag Dolls


I have been experiencing some pretty bad back pain lately. I'm almost fifty, what should I expect right? It's funny though how this pain in my hips takes me back to my childhood. Anyone who knew me well enough to spend time at my house would know I had an old "Knickerbocker" Raggedy Ann who was my security blanket, my lovey, my dryer of tears....I'd actually take her hand and wipe my face when I cried. I ran home crying once when my cousin told me she was old and ugly because of the condition she was in. She was old and well, rag dolls rarely start out as pretty as Barbies but that was why I loved her so much, she was just plain, she didn't come with extra clothes or doll beds or baby bottles, no frills, no extras. She was real to me, a friend not a toy. She did have problems from time to time. More than once Mama had to preform surgery on her arms or legs when they started to loosen and stray. That was okay though, she was easily fixed. I always loved her even more with a new line of gray or blue stitching across where her limbs and body attached. It didn't matter to Mama or me what color thread was on the machine at the time, she got sewed up and that's all I cared about. I've been feeling a bit like my Raggedy Ann. I'm loosening up in the arm and leg areas, unfortunately for humans, putting us back together is a little more complicated. I wish the doctor could just sew my right leg back on tight but something tells me this won't be a quick fix. But I am trusting in my healer, the one who holds us all together and I will be better.....
I found this song by a couple who call themselves "Watermark", it's called Mended. Download the song if you can it's beautiful.

You repair all that we have torn apart and
You unveil a new beginning in our hearts and
We stand grateful for all that has been left behind and
All that goes before us
You've got all things suspended
All things connected
Nothing was forgotten
'Cause your love is perfect
You are our healer
And you know what's broken
And we're not a mystery to you

We will dance 'cause you restore the wasted years and
You will sing over all our coming fears and
We'll stand grateful for all that has been left behind and all that goes before us

Lord, you mend the breech
And you break every fetter
You give us your best, for what we thought was better
And you are to be praised
You are to be praised.

No comments:

Post a Comment