Saturday, October 10, 2009

My personal Hero

I have had a strange series of days. I have been on heavy medication for back pain that for the moment is still unexplained. I don't like taking medicine unless I really need it and lately I have really needed it. I have never experienced such torment in my life....with the exception of giving birth four times which should tell you I really wanted a big family, one bad epidural experience is enough for some women but the prizes I received at the end of the pain were so worth not even asking for the second, and so on.
The end of the week really got so bad I thought I would surely end up dead or in intensive care. Friday morning I woke up, got out of bed and literally had to hold on not to fall in the floor. My right leg just refused to move. To add to the stress of it all I knew I had to finish a wedding. It was thankfully all silk flowers so I had been working on it all week when I felt like it and didn't have much more to do. Micah graciously took Lissy to run some errands and I thought I'd take a pain pill and rest for a little while. I walked into my bedroom and saw something move at the foot of my bed. I was wearing my glasses so I didn't have to get too close to see it was a SNAKE. No, I'm not kidding. I am in the most severe pain of my adult life and now I'm staring down a black snake in the room I sleep in! I started screaming. I'm really glad no one was close enough to hear because I know I sounded like a crazy woman. Then I surprised myself, I stomped the hellish thing to death with my hurting leg, wearing flip-flops. I was screaming the whole time, I mean ugly crying screaming. Then I went and sat on my stairs and held my head in my hands and cried some more. I have not sobbed like that in years. It was like someone had died. I was in physical pain and emotional pain and I guess spiritual too. I cried out to Jesus to help me because I was seriously afraid I was losing my mind once and for all! You want to know what he told me to do? Text Matthan. That's what I did. I told him I needed him, I had killed a snake in my room and I was having a come apart and I needed him. I believe the Lord had me do that because he was exactly what I needed. I knew Michael would have felt terrible but couldn't leave his classes without a sub. I couldn't call any of my girlfriends, they were as afraid of snakes as I am. The Lord said "Call Matthan". I texted him, yes at school! All the more reason kids need their phones at school if you ask me...to rescue their parents from time to time. He texted back that he was on his way. His teacher asked him how he planned on getting the office to let him out without an excuse and he told her he was going to get his daddy to write him one. I'm sure Michael was just as glad to send him as come home to my hysterics himself. In no time that little red car screeched to a halt out front and my own personal Indiana Jones/William Wallace bolted through the door. I just pointed. He got some paper and took it outside and got a good look at it. He came back in and hugged me and told me he would help me pull everything out of my room and go through it to make sure there weren't anymore....it was little, I was afraid his mother was with him! Then he made me laugh when he said "I'll protect you from the lizard" (for that story refer to "Love and Lizards") I needed for my baby who keeps reminding me that in April he'll be eighteen, to just be here. He is really a great young man. He thinks with his brain and heart, he has an anointing on his life like I imagine King David did at seventeen, he's so beautiful and lion hearted, smart and truly loving. I know he thinks we only think about his mess ups but nothing could be further from the truth. I can't wait to see how God uses him. He has been gifted with so many talents, the least of which is comforting his mama.
I told him later that I was so excited that Micah is going to have a boy. I just have a feeling little Anderson is going to be a lot like his uncle Matty, I pray he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment