Friday, October 23, 2009

Aidie said "I love you" for the first time tonight. She has been so fun to listen to this week. She mimicks the other girls and repeats things we tell her to say but tonight as she was going to bed I hugged her tight and said "I love you" and she responded as clear as a bell "I love you". Hannah heard her and said she hadn't heard her say that before.
This makes me feel special. I have to say I haven't felt very special to her until now. It's hard to get close to a child you only see every few months. She is precious to me but I just haven't felt like a significant figure in her life so far. I mean we don't even have a clear name for me yet....I started out one thing and changed to Grammy then Micah had this bright idea to call us
Poppy and Moppy....

I kinda like that, I feel kinda moppy most of the time, sounds like a good name for a ragamuffin.

I guess it will be the name the grandchild next door calls me so maybe it will catch on. I dream of Aiden being close enough to visit twice a month or so but it doesn't look promising. I am comforted that Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner and she'll be back then! But, in the meantime....I can hold the place of the person who got the first "I love you" out of her. I have to say that made this whole visit even more special.

Oh the tears when they leave this time, it gets worse with every goodbye. I want to run after the car and call them back for one more hug, one more kiss, one more minute. But, they have to go back to their lives and I have to get back to mine. I sure do look forward to the next "I love you" though sweet baby.
Make it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment