Friday, August 7, 2009

Lessons in Humility

I have had "back problems" lately. I remember as a youngun thinking that was an old person's ailment. When did I become an old person? I still feel young on the inside...I don't think I'm doing so great on the outside. I've spent a good bit of time this week at the chiropractor. Don't knock it if you haven't gone into an office limping and come out skipping ( well, not really, I don't want to be thought old and insane, wait a minute maybe I do...). It really does feel better right after therapy but then I return to earth...like the balloon with a slow leak, down, down, down....ouchiwawa! God does have a sense of humor...he uses it on me all the time. It's not enough to have an aching back. No, my problem is the lowest disk on the totem pole so to speak...so when I get up I have spasms in my butt. I'm sure it's funny to my kids for me to look like I'm getting a spanking from an imaginary hand...a big hand. It's not funny at all to me but when I think about it I have to kind of chuckle. I threaten my little ones with the old "You need a spanking!" I am not allowed to use that tried and true form of discipline because the kids are still "foster" but they sure hear that they need it from time to time . Maybe God is looking at me and making that same proclamation. Maybe he is giving me what I'm really needing every time I get up from sitting too long at the computer. I hope I learn my lesson REAL SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment