Friday, February 5, 2010

My Kitchen Redo

For almost two weeks I have been working on my kitchen. It's about time, not much has been done since the house was built twenty years ago. I wallpapered it during the original process. I stripped the wallpaper about ten years later and painted it what I affectionately called "Hello Yello". It was BRIGHT, you didn't have to have a cup of coffee to wake up in my kitchen. I enjoyed about all of that I could and decided to paint it a much more tranquil green. I painted the cabinets a pale yellow (I say I but Michael did help, while I was away last weekend he painted a whole section). Once I got all that done I found that the old white trim looked really dirty and just bad....so I had no choice but to paint all the trim again. I finally finished this afternoon and it looks lovely.
The final phase of the project is going to be counter tops...I'm not sure when that will happen. I'm still bargain shopping for tile. It has to be bottom dollar and the cheapest I've found was about $6 a square foot. Considering I don't have a job right now I have no extra to just chunk at tile...so I will keep looking. I don't mind waiting it out. It should be worth it.

1 comment: