Sunday, October 24, 2010

Treehouse

With the coming of fall I have a new fascination with the great outdoors, particularly the treehouse we have in our wonderful play yard.
In case anyone doesn't know how the treehouse came to live with us, here's the Reader's Digest version.
We were new foster parents, with young children. We didn't have a swing or slide or anything like that for little kids to play on. We voiced a need to our church, people came...cleared the area, cut down trees. I got a message from Joe Simpkins; builder extrodinare that he was willing to help. I drew a "rough sketch" and gave it to Joe. He had his crew work on the structures for days....built beyond our wildest dreams, another friend gave us money for supplies and swings and a slide. My cousin contributed sod, Joe came back and built a fence and tahdah!!! We have a great play yard and right in the middle over the creek is the treehouse. By design it's just a deck...way up in the air, with a tree growing through it. It is perfect and beautiful and a place I can still climb to (in my advanced age). Today I sat up here and talked to friends on Facebook...yep, not only can I see the world as I know it go by but I also have the world wide web at my fingertips. Life is pretty good right now.
I'm thinking about installing a pulley with a basket so I can bring things up without having to hold on to them as I climb...no need to tempt my clumsiness. If I had free time I think this place would become my office...I think I could finish my novel up here. No use complaining though, I have the same amount of hours in a day as the next person, just have to learn to make better use of it...I'm thinking a nap would be great about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment